How bad is Deficiency and Toxicity of Sodium?
What is the Deficiency of Sodium?
When a body does not receive the necessary amount of Sodium i.e. the level of this nutrient in the body declines, such a deficit condition is termed as deficiency of Sodium (hyponatremia). Low sodium means that your body has an abnormally low amount of sodium due to a certain medical condition or intake of too much water that raises water level in blood and decreases the sodium level. Deficiency of sodium is generally common in older people or people who are hospitalized for a long term period.
There are few signs and symptoms of low deficiency in a body such as comma, Seizures, and sometimes even death. A person must immediately get medical attention if any of the symptoms of sodium deficiency is identified.
Who is at risk?
- Some types of antidepressants
- Drugs that make you urinate more (diuretics)
- Underactive thyroid or adrenal glands
- anti-seizure medication such as Carbamazepine
- Certain illnesses that can cause dehydration such as pneumonia, urinary tract infections, etc.
- Certain types of cancers such as lung cancer
- degraded function of the kidneys, liver, heart, etc
Hyponatremia could be treated by changing diet and medication that could affect the sodium level of your body. There are also few changes that could help in treating these conditions such as treating the primary disease, changing salt intake through your diet, and changing the amount of water intake daily.
Sodium supplements are synthetic medical products that are generally used to treat hyponatremia i.e. low potassium levels in the body. This product is used to provide sodium chloride and water to your body. Also, supplements could be used to treat cramps caused by excessive sweating.
Sodium supplements are available in different brand names and power. An individual must consume a quality product of such minerals and nutrients that are generally available in mygeneric pharmacy websites https://mygenericpharmacy.com/
What is Sodium Toxicity(Hypernatremia)?
Toxicity of sodium is a general term used to describe a condition in which sodium level in a body increases abnormally. Such an unusual condition is called hypernatremia. High levels of sodium causes poisoning in the body.
Hypernatremia consists of several harmful health conditions such as:
- loss of appetite,
- intense thirst,
- kidney damage, etc.
Who is at risk?
Hypernatremia is a kind of acute condition that usually occurs in elderly people who cannot have proper diet and water. There are several other conditions that increase the risk of Sodium toxicity in a body such as:
- people with high fever,
- dizziness while balancing,
- severe dehydration or any kind of severe water loss from the body,
- consumption of large quantities of salt, etc.
- Sodium provides a number of important health benefits to a human body
- There are a wide variety of food products that contain sodium in different proportions.
- The amount of sodium for an individual’s body is based on their age group and diet.
- Low level of sodium in a human body is referred to as Sodium deficiency(Hyponatremia) that comes with several health related issues.
- Synthetic medicines i.e. sodium supplements are available in mygeneric pharmacy that provides necessary amount of sodium chloride and water to a human body.
- An abnormally high level of sium in a body is called Sodium toxicity(Hypernatremia) that involves few adverse effect to the body.
For more Information, kindly visit below.