What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is basically a disorder found in men which could be a sign of physical or psychological condition. The symptoms associated with this disorder is found in men’s reproductive organ i.e. inability to keep an erection firmer and longer enough during a sexual activity.
Erectile dysfunction is a treatable disorder which includes many possible methods such as natural remedies, alternative medicine, and prescription drugs. In this article, natural remedies for erectile dysfunction will be discussed.
Common cause of erectile dysfunction
There are many reasons why men experience erectile dysfunction (ED). In some cases, the cause is as simple as a side effect of a particular medication. The cause of this condition is more complex for approximately 75% of men. A number of diseases and treatments, such as vascular disease, neurological disease, diabetes, or procedures related to the prostate, can lead to ED.
Natural remedies for erectile dysfunction
For erectile dysfunction treatment, there are a number of natural remedies available. These include changes and modification in lifestyle such as regular diet and exercise. Also, seeking a healthy relationship counselling and mental health therapy are important aspects of this remedy.
It is always advisable to discuss the matter with a doctor before beginning with a new treatment. This can help in identifying the ED cause as well as effective treatment options be it natural, conventional, or combination of both.
- Having a well balanced nd disciplined diet might be helpful in maintaining sexual function as well as decrease in risk of developing erectile dysfunction.
- As per research held in 2017 and 2020, eating more fruits, vegetables, fishes, and flavonoids, helps in reducing the risk of ED development in men aged between 18-40.
- These food products play an important role in improving your sexual function as well as overall well being of your body.
2. Physical Activity
- As per research, increasing or maintaining body’s mobility could be helpful in preventing or improving your erectile dysfunction. This method is particularly effective in people who are dealing with ED due to conditions such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, and body’s inactivity.
- According to research associated in 2018, a moderate to intense physical activity(particularly aerobics such as swimming, cycling, walking, running, skiing, cycling), 40 minutes per day, 4-5 times weekly could be a great help in reducing erectile dysfunction as also preventing it.
- These activities helps in lowering stress, improves blood vessel health, and also in raising testosterone level of your body.
- It is very important for your body to get necessary amount of sleep daily. Incomplete sleep is often associated with erectile dysfunction as well as other medical condition such as mental health.
- As per 2017 studies, men who work in night shift are at higher risk of getting ED diagnosed due to poor sleep quality and quantity. Other research has linked obstructive sleep apnea to an increased risk of having ED.
- Less sleep reduces the testosterone level and is also associated with other health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
4. Weight loss
- Over weight could be another major factor in erectile dysfunction. According to research held in 2020, ED was more common and usual in people who are overweight, obese, or people who carry bigger waist than usual.
- A minor study of 2014 states that people who underwent weight loss surgery or gastric bypass surgery found improvement in their blood vessel health and ED. Therefore, if weight is the factor that is causing you ED, balanced diet and exercise could be the best way to improve your condition.
- Erectile dysfunction is also influenced from the combination of physical as well as psychological issue. Such conditions include sexual trauma, fear of failure, religious beliefs, etc.
- Researchers found psychological interventions like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to be particularly effective when paired with ED medications from 2021. There is also evidence that mental health interventions may be effective on their own, but more research is needed.
- The study was conducted in 2019Trusted Source found that stress was a major predictor of ED, along with anxiety and depression. Stress may affect testosterone or cause sleep deprivation, which may contribute to ED, according to the study
6. Counseling or sex therapy
- Behavioral sex therapy (CBST) and medication were both effective for reducing nonorganic ED in a small 2020 study. Moreover, CBST lowers anxiety among study participants more effectively than standard therapy.
- In addition, you may find it helpful to attend counseling with your partner to help them better understand your condition.
7. Smoking and Alcohol
- Alcohol’s effects on ED have been mixed in studies. In a 2018 study published by trusted Source, moderate alcohol consumption (fewer than 21 drinks per week, as defined by the study) actually reduced ED risk. The consumption of regular and high amounts did not significantly affect ED.
- Another behavior likely to contribute to ED is smoking. It is possible that smoking damages blood vessels and prevents enough blood from reaching the penis to cause an erection.
- In addition to reducing nitric oxide levels in the body, smoking is also associated with reduced blood flow in the body, which plays a role in erections.
For more details, kindly visit below.