What is Cilantro and its use?
Cilantro is a natural herb that is a spanish name for fresh leaves of Coriander plant. Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L) is a member of the Apiaceae family. There are nearly 3700 types of species in the Apiaceae family. There are a number of cilantro varieties available in nature which includes:
- Slo Bolt
- California Long Standing
- Costa Rica
Cilantro is a versatile herb that is considered as an essential ingredient for many Indian, Mexican, and middle eastern recipes. The leaves are flat parsley leaves that grow on a long tender stem. The seeds of this plant may be used to make spices that have a completely different flavor. People generally use cilantro as a flavoring ingredient in curies, soup, salads, and several other dishes.
Cilantro is also used for several medical purposes due to its several medical properties. It is used to treat measles, cancer, toothache, bacterias and infections, and several other medical conditions.
Cilantro generally works by getting rid of certain substances in the body. It may help to remove metal substances such as aluminum, lead, mercury, etc, which help some antibiotics and antiviral medicines to work more efficiently in the body. Cilantro may also assist certain antibacterial substances or medicines in the body to fight against infections.
Benefits of using Cilantro
Apart from its flavoring applications and features in a number of dishes worldwide, cilantro is known to provide a number of health benefits in a human body that includes:
- consist of anticancer effects
- relieves pain and inflammation
- helps against migraine headache
- protect the skin against ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation damage
- provides antifungal properties
- acts as a natural food preservative
- antioxidant properties
Such vital benefits from Cilantro is achieved due to its mineral and vitamin contents which include:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
How much Cilantro is good for you?
Cilantro is a natural herb that is used in a number of medical as well as flavoring applications. Even though it is a natural herb, there is a certain limitation for the amount of Cilantro that an individual must consume. It is advisable to consume Cilantro as a typical food amount which does not significantly provide much vitamins and minerals intake. An individual must consult a doctor or health professional if they wish to know a safer intake amount to avoid overdosing which is generally rare.
- Cilantro is a medical herb that belongs to Apiaceae family of plants.
- It consists of a number of medical as well as flavor applications specifically in middle eastern and asian continents.
- It consists of several nutrients and vitamins that provide vital benefits to a human body.
- It is advisable to consult a health professional if an individual wishes to know a safer dosing amount for cilantro.
For mor information, kindly visit below.