What are the best medicines for ED without side-effects?
What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is basically a disorder found in men which could be a sign of physical or psychological condition. The symptoms associated with this disorder is found in men’s reproductive organ. It is an inability to keep an erection firmer and longer enough during a sexual activity.
There are many men who experience erectile dysfunction occasionally because of stress, fatigue, alcohol, or emotional issues, but 25% of men have recurring episodes of the disorder. People dealing with erectile dysfunction will be:
- Unable to achieve erection at anytime needed.
- might achieve erection sometime but not when needed like during sexual activity.
- might able to achieve erection when needed but not long enough
You are not alone if you experience erectile dysfunction (ED). In the US, an estimated 18 million men struggle from ED. Despite being prevalent, ED can have a negative impact on your close relationships, as well as your physical and mental health. Fortunately, it has been demonstrated that most men can successfully treat ED with drugs that have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Lets discuss some of the most popular FDA-approved drugs in this post, along with each one’s dosage, price, and potential adverse effects. I’ll also go through the duration of each prescription, the safest medications, and the medical issues that the medication may effect.
The majority of men may treat ED safely and effectively using ED medicines. Since prescriptions are required for all medications, speaking with your doctor will help you decide which, if any, is best for you.
How Does ED Medication Work?
The initial line of treatment for erectile dysfunction is frequently oral medicines. These drugs perform well and have few adverse effects for the majority of men who struggle to maintain an erection strong enough for intercourse (erectile dysfunction).
Oral drugs such as sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn), tadalafil (Cialis), and avanafil (Stendra) work to treat erectile dysfunction by boosting the effects of nitric oxide, a substance your body naturally generates that relaxes the penile muscles. As a result of the increased blood flow, you can respond to sexual stimulation by getting an erection.
ED drugs are safe when used by healthy people as prescribed and may help men have more fulfilling sexual experiences.
How oral medications differ
Each oral drug has a somewhat different chemical composition even though they all function in a similar fashion. These insignificant variations have an impact on how each prescription functions, including how quickly it takes action and wears off as well as any potential side effects. These elements, together with any additional medical issues you may have and any drug interactions, will be taken into account by your doctor.
- Sildenafil (Viagra) – One hour prior to having sex, take this drug on an empty stomach for best results. If you suffer from mild to moderate erectile dysfunction, it remains effective for at least four to five hours.
- Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn) – This medicine can be taken with or without food and is most effective when taken an hour prior to intercourse. It could not absorb as quickly if you eat a meal that is high in fat. If you have mild to severe erectile dysfunction, vadenafil will work for at least four to five hours. A more recent medicine formulation that dissolves on the tongue might function more quickly than a pill that you swallow.
- Tadalafil (Cialis) – This drug should be consumed one to two hours prior to having intercourse, with or without meals. For up to 36 hours, it works. It can be consumed either in a little daily dose or a bigger quantity if required.
- Avanafil (Stendra) – Depending on the dosage, this medicine may be taken with or without food 30 minutes prior to sexual activity. It might endure for six hours.
The American College of Physicians advises making the decision depending on your preferences, including the cost, simplicity of use, duration of the drug’s benefits, and adverse effects because both medications are similarly effective. Sildenafil, vardenafil, and tadalafil are all available in generic form.
Are Oral medicines unsafe?
Get your doctor’s approval prior to taking any erectile dysfunction medicine. If any of the following apply to you, erectile dysfunction drugs may not work or may be hazardous.
- Take nitrate medications, which are frequently prescribed for angina (chest discomfort), include nitroglycerin (Nitro-Dur, Nitrostat, etc.), isosorbide mononitrate (Monoket), and isosorbide dinitrate.
- possess either uncontrolled high blood pressure or extremely low blood pressure (hypotension) (hypertension)
- have a serious liver condition
- a renal condition that necessitates dialysis
Side effects of ED medications
The majority of guys who take oral erectile dysfunction drugs don’t have any issues with side effects. When side effects do materialise, they may comprise:
- Flushing /Headache /Indigestion
- A blue tint to the eyesight, sensitivity to light, or impaired vision are some examples of visual alterations.
- runny or stuffed nose
- back ache
Rarely, more severe side effects can develop, such as: loss of eyesight or hearing. Following the use of one of these drugs, some men experienced an unexpected loss of hearing or eyesight. It is unclear, however, whether vision or hearing loss was a direct result of using the medicine or was brought on by a pre-existing illness. Seek immediate medical assistance if you’re taking an oral erectile dysfunction prescription and experience a sudden loss of hearing or vision.
Erectile dysfunction medicines are generlally safe and effective when treated with proper precaution and prescription provided by the health rpofessional. However as per comparative studies and research on these ED medicines, the Boston University School of Medicine claims that vardenafil (Levitra), which is 10 times more biochemically active than sildenafil (Viagra), may have the lowest risk of adverse effects because it can induce erections with a smaller dose.
For more details, kindly visit below.