What is Calcium?
Calcium is a kind of mineral that a human body consumes through the intake of food. It is one of the most bountiful minerals that is necessary for all living organisms. More than 99% of calcium of a human body is found in teeths and bones and the remaining is found in extracellular serum calcium. This mineral is distributed among departments of various tissues in a human body. Several other vitamins may also be required to maintain or increase the absorption rate of calcium in the body.
The Primary role of calcium inside the body is to improve or maintain healthy teeth and bones. Your body uses calcium to maintain bones and teeth for ages. Healthy amount of calcium in the body could prevent bone disease such as Osteoporosis for the lifetime.
Calcium also plays an important role for releasing hormones and other chemicals, cardiovascular functions, muscle movements, etc. It is a cofactor for many enzymes and plays an important role for enzymes working efficiently.
Benefits of Calcium intake
Calcium consist of various health maintenance benefits to make sure several parts, organs, and function of your body get least affected due to aging that include
- prevention and maintenance of healthy bones.
- maintains the action of heart muscles and heartbeat.
- plays an important role in blood clotting.
- reduces risk of a non-cancerous tumor called colorectal adenomas.
- lower blood pressure in younger people and in pregnant conditions.
- improves cholesterol level in the body.
- releases hormones and other chemicals.
- helps nervous signals for communication within the body.
For more details, kindly visit below: