Out of all the K2 Vitamins, Menaquinone K2-7/Mk7 has been identified as the most productive cofactor for chemical reaction that introduces carboxyl group into a molecule or compound for Gla proteins and matrix Gla-proteins.
Deficiency of Vitamin K2-7
- Deficiency of any mineral or nutrient generally takes place due to less amount of nutrient or mineral in the body that causes several deficiency related side effects. Common symptoms for low level K2-7 vitamins consist of mineralization of bones resulting in osteoporosis. Severe deficiency could increase the blood clotting time in an individual body that increases the risk of bruising and bleeding that results in hemorrhage.
Vitamin K2-7 supplements
Vitamin K2-7 deficiency is rare and most people are often thought to get enough vitamin K from their daily diet. However, any individual at risk of vitamin K deficiency must wish to add dietary supplements into their diet.
Vitamin K2-7 supplements consist of minerals that are needed when there is not enough calcium consumption through a daily diet. These synthetic supplements maintain or improve the K2-7 level of your body so that several unusual effects of K2-7 deficiency could be prevented.
A beneficial amount of Vitamin K2-7 supplement must be calculated based on an individual’s age, medical conditions, and diet. A quality supplement is necessary for any individual which is available in mygeneric pharmacy websites with certain brand names.
Vitamin K2-7 intake
- babies upto 6 months of age need 2 mcg of vitamin K2-7 per day.
- babies between 6-12 months old need 2.5 mcg of K2-7 daily.
- toddlers of 1-3 years need 30 mcg of K2-7 everyday
- children between 4-8 years old require 55 mcg of K2-7 per day
- children between 9-13 years need 60 mcg per day of K2-7
- 75 mcg of K2-7 per day is needed for teenager between 14-18 years
- above 19 years of male need 120 mcg of K2-7 per day
- above 19 years of female need 90 mcg of K2-7 per day
- a pregnant or a lactating female under 19 needs 75 mcg of K2-7 per day.
- a pregnant or a lactating female above 19 needs 90 mcg of K2-7 per day.
Toxicity of Vitamin K2-7
Generally, almost every mineral is known to cause unusual side effects on our body when a safety limit for a particular mineral is exceeded. However, unlike other minerals and nutrients, K2 is a kind of vitamin that is not stored in the liver with any significant quantity.
According to the latest research, no adverse effects have been reported or have not been known that are associated with high levels of vitamin K2. However, it is always recommended to stick to a prescribed amount of supplement that is generally based on your health condition, age, gender, and diet, to avoid unwanted complications for no reason.
Interaction of Vitamin K2-7
Interaction generally refers to potential risk that could develop inside an individual’s body when two or more drugs, substances, medical conditions or therapies interact with one another in a positive or negative manner. There are certain medications that can affect the Vitamin K level in the body. A cholesterol lowering medicine could affect absorption of vitamin K while using antibiotics for a longer duration could kill the gut bacterias that produce vitamin K naturally. Also. blood thinners such as Warfarin could adversely interact with vitamins and could cause unusual symptoms in your body.
It is advisable to discuss all the medicines you may be taking and your medical conditions before adding vitamin K supplement in your diet.
- A human body requires Vitamin K2-7 based on their age group, medical condition, diet, and gender.
- Deficiency of Vitamin K2-7 is rare but consists of several adverse symptoms.
- There are a number of K2-7 vitamin supplements available to make-up low vitamin levels of your body when added in your daily diet.
- high level of vitamin K2 generall;y does not associated any unusual side effect on our body, but toxicity must be avoided.
- There are certain medicines and medical conditions that must be discussed with the doctor to ensure prevention of interaction with vitamin K2 in your body.
For more details, kindly visit below: